Monday 8 November 2010

Recent sketchbook work

I am interested in the nature of childhood and innocence and exploring this by looking at positive and evocative phrases which people are brought up on. I am using photos from my own childhood to create stitched drawings which I hope to combine with phrases and/or lines of poetry. The image in itself interests me as a form of documentation, memory and distilled emotion. I like combining words with these as I feel it builds a narrative which can be interpreted differently by different viewers depending on their own experiences of life and childhood. For me, these images excite extremely positive emotions but I don't expect all viewers to feel this way. I understand that it is very personal to my own memories.









 I hope to combine my eventual combination of images with audio tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment