Thursday 17 January 2013

Finished pieces – Open Studios 2012


I am very happy with the finished pieces this semester, especially Untitled 1 (corridor). This piece was received very well by visitors at the Open Studios – creating a buzz of interaction and achieving a fantasy-like, ‘out of this world’ experience.










Feedback included: “fun”, “like being in another world”, “immersive”, “makes you feel happy”, “mysterious”.







There were other comments showing the piece had an opposite effect: “disorientating”, “makes me feel dizzy” which has helped me to reflect upon the piece. I didn’t expect these reactions but they have given me an interesting insight into how spaces can affect people differently. I still feel that these reactions were successful as it proves that participants felt immersed in the space and experienced a dislocation from the real world.










No comments:

Post a Comment